Material Review Board: Definition And Benefits
Get the best Six Sigma training for free.
Discover the basic Six Sigma metrics.
The job of the Material Review Board is then to analyze the NCR and they then decide about what they need to do. Here are the options:
#1: Use As Is:
The Material Review Board can only apply this disposition after they confirm that the part or material won't affect the rest of the process in any way.
Check out our complete lean six sigma glossary.
#2: Repair Or Rework:
In order to make this decision, the Material Review Board needs to first confirm that the part is able to handle all the stress during the process and that it will be able to comply with all the regulations.
Learn more about the Central Limit Theorem.
While it may seem that the Material Review Board isn't really a crucial piece within your organization, you should consider this better. After all, including a Material Review Board within your organization can bring a lot of benefits to the organization that include:
- The improvement of the process by knowing the causes and the rework rates.
- The shipping of the products will be done sooner.
- There is a save in time and cost to process rework.
- It makes the determination of the labor costs of rework easier and more transparent.
- You will have real-time data about the parts that need to be reviewed and that are designated for rework as well as you will know where these parts are in the rework process.